Shipping & Ordering
South African Customers
1) When will I get my order? Please see our shipping and processing times below.
2) How will my order be delivered ? Delivery via our appointed courier at a flat shipping rate to your physical address. We do not ordinarily send to a postal address as we do not like to use the South African Post Office for shipping due to serious reliability issues. Should you leave a PO Box, Postnet Suite or P Bag address on your order as your shipping address, we will email you reminding you that we recommend delivering to a physical address with the couriers. If we do not hear back from you within 24hrs in order that your order isnt delayed it will be shipped via the post office to the PO Box, Postnet Suite or Pbag address that you left. It must be noted that as per the terms of purchase on our site that should the parcel be delayed / go missing with the postal service that we cannot accept any liability or enter into any correspondence regarding this.
3) What happens if my parcel is damaged or lost? If your parcel is sent with our couriers and goes missing or is damaged it will be replaced at our cost after an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the missing or damaged parcel are established. If your parcel is sent via the Post office it is deemed that you have accepted full liability for the parcel once we have mailed it and issued you with a tracking number.
4) Does your courier deliver to my area? The couriers we use cover 95% of South Africa. In the highly unlikely event that our couriers do not deliver to your area we will advise you of the options for an alternate delivery method which will include Speed Services or Postnet Courier.
5) What happens if the courier doesn't deliver to my area? If the courier doesn’t deliver to your area we will ship the order via Postnet Courier delivered to your nearest Postnet or via the SA Post office Parcel Mail delivered to your nearest post office.
6) I live on a farm or plot, will your courier deliver to me? No, the couriers will not deliver to a farm or plot. You will need to provide us with an address in town for delivery to be effected.
7) Can you post my order? We prefer not to use the post office as they are unreliable. We will only send via the post office if the buyer accepts full liability for the arrival of the parcel. What that means is we will post it and give you a tracking number. Thereafter we are not responsible for the arrival of the parcel, nor can we enter into any correspondence relating to the arrival of the parcel. If for whatever reason the parcel doesn’t arrive or is late we will accept no liability for this.
8) Will the couriers call before delivery? No, the couriers don’t ordinarily call before delivery. If you have left a cellphone number on your order, you will receive an sms notification in the morning of the day of delivery.
9) What happens if Im not at home / unavailable at the delivery address when the courier attempts delivery? The couriers will attempt to deliver a second time. If they are still unable to effect delivery they will contact you to see if an arrangement can be made for delivery.
10) I only have a P.O Box, Postnet or Pbag address. We will email you suggesting that your parcel is sent with our couriers to a physical address. If we do not hear back from you within 24hrs in order that your order isnt delayed it will be shipped via the post office to the PO Box or Pbag address that you left. It must be noted that as per the terms of purchase on our site that should the parcel be delayed / go missing with the postal service that we cannot accept any liability or enter into any correspondence regarding this.
11) I left an incorrect delivery address n the order. Now what? Leaving an incorrect shipping address or will cause delays in the dispatch and delivery of your order. If your order has already been dispatched it will cause delays in the arrival of the parcel as we will have to notify the couriers of the new delivery address.
12) I have paid for my order, when is it being sent? I have paid for my order, when is it being sent? Orders paid at checkout will be sent out as per our shipping and processing time table above. Orders that are not paid at checkout will be dispatched within 2 working days of receipt of a cleared payment (ie: the funds reflecting in our FNB account).
13) Why is the weight on the invoice different from the actual weight of my order? Why is the weight on the invoice different from the actual weight of my order? Our courier companies charge on the greater of volumetric weight or actual weight. Whilst some products may be light they are bulky and are therefore charged on a volumetric weight. The weight indicated on the invoice is the greater of volumetric weight or actual weight. Volumetric weight is calculated using the following formula : length*width*height/5000..
14) Why is my order taking longer to process? Extra-ordinary orders may take longer to process (2 to 3 days). An extra ordinary order is an order that comprises more than 40 items in it or an order comprising of more than 10 items of the same type. Please note that if selecting the express courier option that if your order comprises of more than 40 items in it or contains more than 10 items of the same type that it may not be dispatched the same day.
15) I want to collect my order ? Fully paid orders can be collected from Sandown Nursery in Cape Town. Please see this page for full details. Please remember to use the postal code 5555 at checkout to enable this option.
18) What is the cost of shipping? Please see our rate table below.
International Registered Signed for Airmail - From R 95.00
1) Orders are shipped once per week on Thursdays. Order before 12pm on Wednesday's for shipment on the following Thursday.
2) Combining of seed orders free of charge welcomed and encouraged.
3) Shipped via International Registered Airmail. Rate may vary if heavier seeds exceeding a mass of 100 grams are added to the order.
4) Free shipping does not apply on international orders.
5) We only ship seeds internationally and no other product lines can be shipped outside of South Africa.
6) Seed is labled with the scientific name of the species ordered, and the seed count. Most countries allow the importation of seed for personal use if these requirements are met.
7) We do not issue phytosanitary certificates for items purchased.
8) Your items are being shipped from South Africa. It can take up to 6 weeks for your items to arrive, though the average mailing time is normally a lot less. If you havent received your order within 6 weeks please contact me so that we can resolve the issue.
9) Customs Declarations. It is a requirement that a customs declaration is completed for each order and pasted on the parcel.
10) It is important to note that when an item is mailed by registered international mail that the tracking number will only work to the point of exit from South Africa. You will need to contact your countries Customs department and give them the Registered reference number. They will then issue you with a tracking number for your country.
11) Courier delivery is available and subject to quotation.
1) South African orders are packed with bubble wrap and then boxed for maximum protection.
2) International orders are packed in card inside a bubblewrap envelope for maximum protection.
SFA tracking numbers are for South African orders delivered by our preferred courier partner Dawn Wing Global Express. The tracking number is your order number with the prefix SFA (for Seeds for Africa).
RJ & RD tracking numbers are for International orders.
You can track your parcel using the tracking number we sent you by using the relevant link below